Freelance Fundraiser with Digital Focus
The successful freelancer will raise significant funds for Sepsis Research through various income streams, with a primary focus on digital and virtual fundraising. With ongoing COVID restrictions preventing traditional forms of fundraising, we are looking for someone who has good knowledge of creating and delivering digital activities across a range of social media platforms to engage audiences of different ages. The ideal candidate will have digital marketing experience and a fundraising background and will be able to deliver income based on agreed targets.
The successful candidate should be creative and have a wide knowledge of different social media platforms, including platforms aimed at younger audiences such as Instagram, Twitter Youtube and Tiktok. They should have the ability to find innovative ways to fundraise and manage relationships in the current climate. The role requires a passionate person who is a strong team player & communicator and is able to work well with the existing freelance team. The candidate will be expected to keep up to date with sector trends and have solid knowledge of best fundraising and digital practice.
This role is home based with the requirement to travel. You will work on a part time freelance basis -estimated 21 hours per week. You should be able to work weekends and evenings as required by the role. Normally, you should be prepared to travel to Scotland quarterly for meetings with the Chief Operating Officer and the trustees, however, we work fully within the guidelines issued by the government in relation to COVID-19 and our trustee meetings are currently taking place remotely via Zoom calls.
As a freelance contractor you will be paid a fixed monthly fee of £1,500 (1 month in arrears), plus you will be paid reasonable expenses subject to approval. This contract is offered initially for a 6 month period and will be subject to review. You will be responsible for all tax, pension, and other freelance business expenses.
Key areas of responsibility
Your contract responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Raising income from digital fundraising, community fundraising, local businesses and via the formation of volunteer fundraising groups.
- Delivering digital marketing activities that support Sepsis Research.
- Updating website content that helps to improve SEO.
- Reaching new supporters via a full range of social media platforms.
- Developing and implementing virtual events or campaigns to meet our fundraising targets.
- Researching, approaching and securing new fundraising partnerships.
- Recruiting, managing and motivating volunteers and key supporters to deliver fundraising activities on our behalf.
- Delivering Sepsis Research’s main campaigns and events.
- Sharing success stories and best practice both internally and externally.
- Collaborating with colleagues and other consultants including IT, PR & marketing to help deliver your objectives & ensure effective promotion of Sepsis Research.
- Hitting the financial targets set.
- Communicating effectively with the Chief Operations Officer and the Fundraising & Administration Coordinator on progress against targets.
- Utilising and analysing the supporter database (Donorfy) to maximise charity reach and to monitor successful outcomes.
- An excellent understanding of the different social media channels and how to target supporters through them.
- Experience of delivering online and virtual campaigns.
- Experience of using WordPress.
- Experience of using Canva (or similar) to create engaging social content.
- Track record of fundraising or sales.
- Able to use a database and MS Office
- A full driving licence and access to a car.
- Self-motivated with drive to deliver while working on own initiative.
- Excellent communicator.
Job outlines cannot be exhaustive. The contractor may be required to undertake other duties from time to time.
How to apply
To apply for this freelance position, email a letter detailing how you will meet the fundraising brief and provide a CV of projects completed, with references if possible. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th March. It is anticipated the contract start date will be early April 2021.