We’re looking for a Freelance Fundraising & Volunteer Groups Coordinator to join our team! If you think you or someone you know might be interested, please share the link to the job description below.
The deadline for applications is the 11th December so please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of this date to apply.
Freelance Fundraising & Volunteer Groups Coordinator – England
The successful freelancer will raise significant funds for Sepsis Research through various income streams and will help ensure the charity is sustainable for the long term.
We are looking for someone with experience in sales and/or fundraising who can deliver income based on agreed targets. There are many restrictions in place at present that prevent traditional forms of fundraising, so this person needs to be creative and entrepreneurial to find innovative ways to fundraise and manage relationships in the current climate. The role requires a passionate person who is a strong team player & communicator, and someone who is able to work well with the existing freelance team. You will be expected to keep up to date with sector trends and have solid knowledge of best fundraising practice.
This role is home-based with the requirement to travel. You will work on a part-time freelance basis -estimated 21 hours per week. You should be able to work weekends and evenings as required by the role. Normally, you should be prepared to travel to Scotland quarterly for meetings with the Chief Operating Officer and the trustees, however, we work fully within the guidelines issued by the government in relation to COVID-19 and our trustee meetings are currently taking place remotely via Zoom calls.
As a freelance contractor you will be paid a fixed monthly fee of £1,500 (1 month in arrears) plus you will be paid reasonable expenses subject to approval. This contract is offered initially for a 6 month period and will be subject to review. You will be responsible for all tax, pension and other expenses.
Key areas of responsibility
- To raise agreed levels of income from community activities.
- To recruit, manage and motivate volunteers and key supporters for the purpose of successfully delivering a mixed fundraising activity portfolio.
- To co-ordinate & manage volunteers into structured fundraising groups based on geography, so that they can fundraise in that area on an ongoing basis.
- To research, approach and secure new community fundraising partnerships.
- To represent the organisation professionally at any events, ensuring that every opportunity is taken to publicise the name and work of Sepsis Research (FEAT)
- To deliver Sepsis Research’s main campaigns and events
- To share success stories and best practice both internally and externally.
- To communicate effectively with the Chief Operations Officer and the Fundraising & Administration Coordinator on progress against targets.
Your contract responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Raising income from Community Fundraising, local businesses and via the formation of volunteer fundraising groups who will raise funds for us on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and manage numerous charity fundraising campaigns and other sources of income by recruiting and retaining donors.
- Deliver marketing activities that support Sepsis Research including donor communications, social media updates and sharing sepsis stories.
- Collaboration with colleagues and other consultants including, IT, PR & marketing to help deliver your objectives & ensure effective promotion of Sepsis Research.
- Hitting the financial targets set and reporting on these monthly.
- Utilising and analysing the supporter database (Donorfy) to maximise charity reach and to monitor successful outcomes.
Outstanding track record of raising funds, able to use a database and MS Office, a full driving licence and access to a car.
Self-motivated with drive to deliver while working on own initiative. Excellent communicator.
Job outlines cannot be exhaustive. The contractor may be required to undertake other duties from time to time.
How to apply
To apply for this freelance position, email a letter detailing how you will meet the fundraising brief and provide a CV of projects completed, with references if possible.
This should be sent to email@example.com by 30th November. It is anticipated the contract start date will be early January 2021.